Wednesday, August 15, 2012

It’s raining, It’s raining



We were on our way to the kindergarten. It was raining lightly and we decided to walk instead of bike. Our little routine under these circumstances is that I carry Daivik on my shoulders and he holds the umbrella for both of us. We walked silently for a while but I started to hurry up a bit as the rain was intensifying and my shoulders were beginning to complain. Suddenly Daivik's legs, dangling near my chests, started dancing and I could feel him swaying sideways as he started singing rather loudly.

It's raining, it's raining
the earth is getting wet

The little song had a nice ryhme to it. It's contextual spontaneity made me forget the shoulders. After some minutes I noticed that he was making it up his own lines while remaining faithful to the tune

My rubber boots are wet
That yellow flower is wet

At this point we were crossing a park and a little mouse scurried past. I thought of pointing it out to him but did not want to interrupt his flow. He noticed it too, called me 
by a sign, pointed the mouse and without breaking the rhythm continued

That little mouse is wet

We reached the kindergarten, the song continued

Our kindergarten  wet
The trampoline is wet
Andy is getting wet

The tune was catchy and the rain persistant. I ended up adding my own lines 
and humming it all day  !

1 comment:

  1. Hey :) Got introduced to your blog by Mansi...and I must say that I absolutely love the idea of the beautiful bits and pieces you write about Daivik.. it's so much fun to read about the incidents...simple and sweet. Of course, the way you put it across is simply great. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete