Saturday, August 11, 2012

stop the rain



Daivik and me were walking to a friend's house when it started raining lightly. Usually I carry an umbrella, but of course on that day I did not. After some minutes of the rain, Daivik looked up at the sky and said "rain, you stop, now". I was amused at this and beginning to have a hearty laugh internally, but his next sentence effectively froze that laughter. "Stop, now", he was telling, "otherwise, I will tell my papa".

The last time I checked, I was not endowed with this particular power. Right now, I was not particularly willing to put myself in fire over this.  So I cheated a bit. "Look Daivik, we will try to sing the stop-the-rain song. If we sing it properly, maybe the rain will stop". Then and there I  invented the said stop-the-rain song and we began singing it.

Of course, the rain did not stop. "Maybe", I said "we did not sing it properly. Shall we try again?". By the end of our second attempt, thankfully, we reached our destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment