Thursday, February 28, 2013

assistant

One fine evening, Daivik declared, "I have made Tina my assistant". Rashi and me were startled and asked him simultaneously :
"How, exactly, did you make her your assistant?"
"What, exactly, does she assist you with?"

He answered us one by one.
"I asked her if she will be my assistant and she said okay".

The second one requires some explanation. Now, kids and order (as in keeping things in order) are mutually exclusive. Proper maintenance of the book shelf  is therefore a perennial issue in the kindergarten. The way the teachers deal with strewn books is to call for a "meeting" with the kids and "encourage" them to keep the books back. So Daivik had recruited Tina to do it for him !

Couple of days later we asked him about Tina. "She is not my assistant anymore". And why ? "She refused to keep my books back". I should have been there to witness this scene - Daivik asking Tina to keep the books back, she refusing, and his reaction to that refusal ! He made a sad face and said
"Now I have to keep all the books back myself". He contemplated on this for a moment and added,
"bechara main re" (Oh, poor me).

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I came to give it
    a look. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting
    this to my followers! Exceptional blog and fantastic style and
    design.

    Feel free to visit my website; www.robinsonsoutdoors.com
    My web page :: large egyptian statues

    ReplyDelete