Thursday, July 12, 2012

everything

The breakfast table was unusually quiet. That should have warned me. But I was completely unprepared for the bolt that struck. 
"Appa", said Daivik in a rather contemplative tone, "do you know everything?" (!!)
No darling, I most certainly don't. (otherwise I will be out of job !). But how to tell that ?
Holding my breath, I asked "what, exactly, do you want to know?". Turned out, the pressing question was why we don't see dinosaurs on streets. 

Phew, what relief ! 
"well" I said "they disappeared long before there were any streets anywhere". 
I was preparing the best possible answer for the next WHY question that was bound to follow. Instead he seemed to accept it. 
A few moments later he even complemented me. "see", he said, "you know everything".

No comments:

Post a Comment