Thursday, July 19, 2012

girls like it !

Daivik and me were working in the garden when I spotted a lady-bug on a leaf. The large palm shaped leaf was almost fluorescent green in the afternoon light, the bright red ladybug with black spots was sitting right in the middle, making it a very pretty sight. I called Daivik to have a look. He saw the scene and asked if he can ‘pink’ it. I didn’t quite get if he said pink or ping, but said okay mostly to keep him engaged, wondering at the same time how do you ping a bug (does it have a RFID tag or something…).


He took a pink colored chalk and started painting a nearby wooden board rather furiously. I got curious after he continued it for longer than his usual attention half-life of 2.3 seconds. So I asked him what he was doing. He was making the board pink. And why? With utmost sincerity he said ‘because girls like pink’. I didn’t understand the connection until he explained the logic: Ladybug is a girl, girls like pink, so he is making the board pink.


I was too flabbergasted to react, but he continued onto his next project of dissolving the remaining chalk in a bowl of water. He was making a pink swimming pool for his lady (bug).

No comments:

Post a Comment