Thursday, March 14, 2013

cola and cigarette

"Mummy, can I have a cola"
"No, Daivik. It is not good for your health"
"why"
"Because it is junk food"
"why"
"Because it has no nutrition. It has no Vitamins, no minerals"
"Then why do they sell it in super market"
"You don't have to buy everything they sell"
"Then why do people buy it?"
"May be they don't know it is bad for health"
"Like cigarette?"
"What?"
"Cigarette is bad for health, but some people smoke"
"Hmmm, you could say that"

Several minutes of silence later,

"Mummy, I want to have a cola"
"But Daivik, it is a junk food"
"But I want to have it"
"Why?"
"Because I love it".

We use neither cola nor cigarette at home, wonder where this "love" comes from !

1 comment:

  1. Peer pressure...Daivik could be still small to watch people/kids bringing soda part of their lunch bag. But you never know, kids are super good in observing. He must have tasted soda in parties and friends house, even you do not buy it. And it tastes good and He loves it. My house is also a NO SODA NO JUICE house, if you are thirsty, drink water or milk. If you are adult, you can get a beer. In one party long back I realized Ayesha was gulping Soda...Ok girl, I decided to impose "no restriction outside the house". That is still working. But now as she grew older and can read I explained carefully the effect of empty sugar and calorie and she gets it. So till teen, I think I am OK with AYesha!

    ReplyDelete